Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Completed Cross-Stitch Project...A Year and a Half in the Making

I finally finished a cross-stitch project I have been working on off and on for about a year and a half. It feels good to have gotten it done and I'm really happy with the way it has turned out. I didn't know it at the time I originally started this project, but this owl cross-stitch is just one in a series of about five. I'm now determined to do all of them, but there's no telling how long it will take me! Cross-stitch is definitely one of my favorite forms of crafting, but it does require a lot of patience and sometimes quite a bit of concentration. Often times cross-stitch patterns are pretty outdated, so I'm excited to see more contemporary patterns have been popping up over the past couple of years. Just from my own observations, needle arts like knitting and crocheting have become a lot more popular with young ladies over the past five years or so. It's my hope that cross-stitch may catch on within the next few years. I've already started on the next project in the series. Hopefully this one won't take me quite as long!






No comments :

Post a Comment