Monday, November 10, 2014

Birthday Weekend Getaway

Happy Monday! Mike and I had the MOST amazing weekend!!! Saturday morning we headed out to Denver. We made a pit-stop in Colorado Springs to eat lunch at Smashburger, a place Mike has been wanting to try for a long time. It was delicious! Then we went straight to the Denver Botanic Gardens. We were a bit puzzled when we arrived as to why it was PACKED! Come to find out it was free museum day, so we didn't have to pay to get in! The botanic gardens were awesome! There was an exhibit by Chihuly on display that is a must see if you ever get the chance. After the gardens we checked into our hotel and later had dinner at Bull and Bush. The food was super yummy. I had a French dip and Mike had fish and chips. We bought t-shirts to commemorate such a great day. Sunday we enjoyed a lazy morning at the hotel before checking out and then spent the afternoon doing some shopping!! We had a late lunch at Panera where I devoured my cheddar broccoli soup!! I think its had to have been close to a year since I last had Panera. I can't tell you what a perfect weekend it was. A great way to celebrate my birthday, that's for sure!!!

Here are some pictures from the Denver Botanic Gardens (sorry for the picture overload, but it was really hard to narrow it down)!













 This picture above is my favorite from the Chihuly pieces!








No comments :

Post a Comment