Monday, November 3, 2014

DIY Soap Dispensers



I've been seeing do-it-yourself mason jar soap dispensers all over Pinterest and decided to make some of my own. There were lots of variations of these little guys. Many of the other tutorials I looked at spray painted the dispenser and metal pieces either black or silver, but as you can see I just decided to leave them as is. What I did do a little differently was paint the word soap on all the jars, and I think it looks rather cute if I do say so myself!


Materials
Mason Jar
Plastic Dispenser (I used the ones from my Bath and Body Works soap)
Nail
Hammer
Strong Glue (I used E6000 which can be found at any craft store)
Optional - Paint and Paint Brushes

1. You need to make a whole in the top of your mason jar for the dispenser to go through. Do this by lightly tapping the nail with the hammer in the center of the metal plate on top of your mason jar. I had to make several holes that eventually connected together to make one large hole big enough for the dispenser to fit.

2. Glue the dispenser in place on the mason jar lid. Many of the tutorials I read just said to use hot glue, so that's what I originally did. However, the first time I went to use the dispenser it immediately came unglued, so I re-glued using E6000 and it worked great. I put some around the rim of the dispenser and held it in place on the mason jar lid for a few seconds and then gave it plenty of time to fully dry.

3. Meanwhile, if you decide to paint your mason jar now is a good time. I just painted what came to mind, but you could use any color you like or paint the entire jar if you want. It's totally up to you!

4. After the lid has fully dried just pour liquid soap into the jar and fasten the lid and you're done!!



No comments :

Post a Comment