Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Earring Holder


I’ve had my eye out for a while for something unique and functional to hold my earrings, but could never find exactly what I was looking for. My grandfather likes to do occasional woodworking projects so I asked him if he would be able to come up with something. I was expecting something kind of like a box with little spaces to put the earrings; however, what I got was so much more. It’s pretty much the coolest earring holder in the history of the planet.
 


He gave it to me unfinished so I could decorate it however I wanted. I thought of painting it ombre with coral colors, but ultimately decided to stain it. The stain matches a lot of my other furniture and jewelry boxes, and I know I’m less likely to get tired of a stain than a paint color. I also put a light sealer on it to make it a little shiny.

Earrings from Amy Lowe Designs
 
There’s a ton of storage and my grandpa made the little holes in varying sizes to accommodate many earring sizes. Every morning I get excited to open it up and pick out what earrings I want to wear. I’m pretty much in love!

No comments :

Post a Comment