Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fort De Soto Park

My parents, Mike, and I went to Fort De Soto Park this past weekend. My parents said they had taken me as a kid, but I couldn't remember it. However, it's such a great park! There are a million things for guests to do there, not to mention plenty of concession areas to eat at and clean bathrooms. We started our day by fishing off of one of the piers. I hadn't been fishing in a very long time and it felt so good to be back at it. I think Mom was the winner with the most fish caught (I was the loser, if you must know).


After fishing we stopped and ate some quick lunch at one of the food shack areas. There were covered picnic tables and a nice breeze. Then, we walked around the fort area and learned a little history of the area (I love stuff like that!). There was a great view of the ocean from the top of the fort! Once we were done exploring, we headed to the beach. Like I mentioned earlier, the weather was just perfect. It wasn't super hot, there was a lovely breeze, wonderful beach day.

No comments :

Post a Comment