Thursday, October 10, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday...On Thursday

 
Okay, so realize I'm posting about What I Wore Wednesday...on Thursday. Life has been a little crazy lately and will only continue to stay that way throughout the month of October (I can't believe it's October already!). And, who am I kidding, now that we're entering the holiday season, life, most likely, will be busy until New Years. So I apologize for not posting as often as I'd like. It's not that I don't have any thing to post about, because I've got lots of ideas, but finding the time to prepare posts has been challenging. To be honest, lately I've been feeling tired. After working all day, coming home, trying to find time to go to the gym, or make dinner, or do some laundry, and then sitting down to work on a post or my shop just seems over whelming...so I've kind of been avoiding it. I try not to put too much pressure on myself, but sometimes I can't help it. So, especially as this holiday season approaches, I'm going to try to slow down a bit and not feel disappointed if I don't get to everything I would like to. I want to just enjoy the moment I'm in and the people I'm with.
 
 
So, about the outfit...I wore this outfit this past Sunday for running a few errands and doing stuff around the apartment. Normally, I think of this shirt as kind of dressy. It's silver and has some sparkly threading in it. I usually wear it to work; however, I think it looks really nice and casual paired with jean shorts and sandals. Not to mention, it was very comfortable. I don't think I've ever worn this combination together before, but I definitely will in the future!
 



While I'm catching up on things, I just wanted to post a few pictures from this past weekend as well. My parents came for a visit and some quality time with Mike and me. My mom and I went to a crochet class Saturday morning and we loved it!! I was a little intimidated, but it's actually easier than knitting. Afterwards, Mom and I did some shopping. While we were out, the boys went to the gun range and out to lunch. I think we all had a nice time doing things we enjoyed with people we love (that was a little mushy, but sometimes I can't help myself). My parents left Saturday afternoon, but will be back again this weekend! Later, on Saturday evening, Mike and I went to dinner at Skippers Smokehouse with our friends Nick and Lauren. The picture you see of food is what I ordered for dinner that night...blackened crawfish mac n' cheese. It was SO yummy!! We had a blast spending time with friends. Sunday morning I woke up and drank a nice cup of coffee and did some reading. It was a great weekend!

 
Our weekends for the month of October are pretty booked. We have a beach day, birthday celebrations, a Halloween party, a zoo trip, a pumpkin festival, and a craft fair all planned. It's all stuff I love and I look forward to each event!
 
Also, I recently updated my shop so please check it out!! You can get to it by clicking the link in the right sidebar or clicking here. I'm more than happy to work with anyone who wants something customized. Please email me or message me on Etsy or Facebook.


No comments :

Post a Comment