Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Book Review - The Paris Wife



This month I read The Paris Wife by Paula McLain. This was a really great book! I love history, so any sort of historical fiction book is usually right up my alley. The books follows the life of Ernest Hemingway's first wife, Hadley, during their marriage and time living in Paris. The majority of the novel is in Hadley's point of view, but there are a few sections done in Ernest's. I already knew a little about Ernest Hemingway, so it was interesting to piece together the bits I already knew with the plot of the novel. Their time living in Paris was full of interesting people and a changing culture. I really recommend this book if you enjoy history or the 1920's time period.

Next, I'm reading Quitter by Jon Acuff. I'll let you know what I think next month!

No comments :

Post a Comment