Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekend Update

This weekend was crazy busy! Friday night Mike and I headed to Bradenton to hang out with a bunch of our friends. We had a great time catching up and getting some quality time in with friends we don't always get to see as often as we'd like. Saturday morning we had brunch with Mike's parents and then headed over to my aunt and uncle's house to celebrate my cousin, Kamella's, sixteenth birthday! We had such a fun evening with family!!!



Kamella was beautiful and the party was flawless! I can't even explain how amazing the food was. There was all sorts of barbeque meats, potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, baked beans, green beans, and (my all time favorite) macaroni and cheese. We chatted, played games, ate cake, and watched Kamella open gifts. It really was a special evening.




After the party, Mike and I drove to Orlando to my parent's house. We woke up early Sunday morning and drove over to the Citrus Bowl to participate in The Color Run. Mike and I did it once before in January of this year. My mom came that time to support us, but decided she really wished she had done it too. So when we heard it was coming again, we talked my dad into joining us and all signed up. The Color Run is a 5k and the proceeds went to Second Harvest Food Bank of Orlando. As you run along volunteers throw powder colors on you. There are four color zones along the run - pink, yellow, blue, and orange. After you finish the race, everyone gathers and throws a color packet into air. The effect is super cool!





 The weekend was a blast, but went by way too quickly! Hope you all had a great weekend too. Happy Monday!


No comments :

Post a Comment