Monday, September 16, 2013

USF Game

My alma mater is the University of South Florida, from which I graduated a little over three years ago. Each football season my family and I have made it a point to attend at least one game. This past Saturday's game was USF vs. Florida Atlantic University at our home stadium and we had tickets! My parents, my aunt and uncle, and Mike's parents were all supposed to meet at our apartment and then head over to the stadium to tailgate a little before the game. Well, the day did not go as planned! First, my dad calls me and says my mom is sick and won't be able to make it. My dad wasn't sure if he should stay home with my mom or still come. He had the grill and everything for tailgating, so it was going to be a little challenging to make a new tailgating plan without my parents. Thankfully, my mom was feeling well enough that my dad could still come. Everyone met at our apartment before the game as planned. However, as soon as we loaded up in the car and started driving to the stadium, it starts raining! I just kept praying it would stop soon and we could enjoy tailgating. Well, it didn't stop. It rained the whole time we were "tailgating". Our tailgating ended up being all the girls sitting in the car the entire time talking, while the boys stood in the rain to grill out hot dogs and then join us in the car to eat. While it was not how I imagined our day going, it ended up being a lot of fun! Honestly, any time I get to spend with my family is always a blast (just wish my mom could have been there too). The rain cleared up just in time to head into the stadium before the game started. We didn't win, but we enjoyed each others company and the atmosphere of the game. GO BULLS!!!

The group before the game...rain and all

Game time

My dad and me 


Half time show

No comments :

Post a Comment