Friday, October 11, 2013

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday once again! It's been a couple weeks since I've linked up for High Five for Friday with Lauren Elizabeth. I'm glad to be back and glad it's almost the weekend!


1/2/3/4/5

1. I've been doing quite a few sewing projects lately and decided it was time to upgrade my sewing machine. I found one I really liked on Joann.com, and it was on SALE!! I had it delivered to my parent's house because sometimes shipping to an apartment complex can be problematic (anyone else have this problem?). It was delivered on Tuesday and my parents are bringing it to me on Saturday (thanks Mom and Dad)! I'm SUPER excited :)

2. Last weekend Mom and I took a crochet class. Needless to say, I've been addicted ever since. On Wednesday night I completed my first granny square. It took a while to find a pattern on Pinterest that I could follow, and even then I had to watch a few YouTube videos to understand what the heck was going on. Now that I've done it, I feel like there are endless crochet possibilities. I'm thinking pillows, afghans, and scarfs!

3. As I mentioned above, my mom and dad are coming on Saturday morning. We're meeting at our apartment and then heading to Fort De Soto Park for some beach laying, fishing, and fort exploring. It will probably be the last beach day of the year, as the weather finally starts to cool down. I should have some good pictures to share next week.

4. Saturday night Mike and I are planning on making imitation Bang Bang shrimp for my parents. We've made it twice before and it's turned out great both times. It tastes and looks just like the Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish. The recipe we follow can be found here.

5. Sunday we're all headed over to my aunt's house to celebrate my grandma's birthday! I'm in charge of making the cake. Mema has requested a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (my favorite!!). I'm also going to experiment with using cake bunting for the first time. Usually, I just decorate a birthday cake by writing on the top of it, so this should be a cute change. I found a free printable on Pinterest which you can find here.

As I mentioned in yesterdays post October is a busy time for us, but it's full of adventures I can't wait to go on and time spent with family and friends. I hope you all have a great weekend and go on an adventure of your own.

1 comment :

  1. Stopping over from H54F! Have fun with your new sewing machine! :) Cheers to the weekend!

    ReplyDelete