Thursday, May 1, 2014

Strawberry Oatmeal Bars


A couple weekends ago I made these yummy strawberry oatmeal bars from the Pioneer Woman. It is a very easy recipe to follow and then we had breakfast ready to go for the week. Although, I do have to say I think these tasted the best when they were warm out of the oven.

Ingredients
1 3/4 sticks salted butter
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups oats (found in the grocery store with the microwavable oatmeal)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
One 10-12 ounce jar of strawberry preserves or jam

The only thing I did a little differently from the original recipe was put a foil in the pan first and then spray the foil with cooking spray. I did this so when the bars came out of the oven all I had to do was lift the foil out rather than try to dig out each bar.
You mix the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
Scoop half of the mixture onto the foil and press it out with your hands.
Next, spread the strawberry jam evenly on top with a spoon.
Carefully spoon the remaining oat mixture on top of the strawberry jam. Using your fingers, lightly press the mixture out. As you can see in the picture above mine wasn't perfect, but it still tastes good!

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until it is a light golden brown. I let mine sit for just a couple minutes to firm up a bit. Then, lift the foil out of the pan and cut into bars. I used a 9x13 inch pan and made about 30 small bars.

No comments :

Post a Comment