Thursday, May 15, 2014

Trapper Shoot

Mike finished his trapper pistol for his bench metal class. It came out great! He went with his class to the range and they all shot it together two weekends ago. So this past week, Mike took me to the range to show me how its done. I've never shot a black powder pistol before, but it's a lot easier than I originally thought it would be and is a lot of fun!


 First, you need some black powder.

Then you pour the powder down the barrel.

Next, you put the ball wrapped in a little cloth in the barrel.

You have to push the ball the the very back of the barrel and tap it three times.

Then you put that little gold cap in place, and pull back the hammer.
 Then you shoot!
 I decided to give it a try!




We had a blast out on the range (get it...blast? No need to tell me how hilarious I am!). I can't wait until we can go back again.

No comments :

Post a Comment