Monday, December 1, 2014

Life Lately

Hola! Life lately has been really good! Mike and I had about a week and a half off of school and it was wonderful!

 As you know from my previous post, Mike's mom came and visited us for about four days. We are still talking about how much fun we had together!

After she left it was time for Mike and I to get ready to celebrate our first Thanksgiving on our own. Wow! We never realized how much time goes into making a Thanksgiving meal. We opted not to do a turkey just for the two of us and chose instead to do a pork loin, which turned out great.

It was a little weird not going Black Friday shopping this year, but don't worry...I still managed to do a little online shopping with some birthday money I still had left. We got the house all decorated and ready for Christmas!!! The cats are loving laying under the Christmas tree!

Saturday, I talked Mike into going to see the newest Hunger Games movie with me!!! It was really good! On the way home we noticed a LOT of people out and about along Main Street. It was almost like there was about to be a parade or something...apparently they shut down the roads about 0.2 seconds before the parade starts around here! So we were driving along the parade route right as it was about to start!! We hurried home and quickly walked back to Main St. to see the Christmas Parade. It was about 20 minutes long and the most non eventful parade I've ever been to, but it was still exciting to see and put me in the Christmas spirit!

This is our last week of regular classes and next week is exam week. Mike and I are ready for this semester to be over with and are impatiently awaiting a visit from Shane and Lindsey who will be arriving the 15th of this month!! We can't wait!

P.S. I realize there is an abundance of explanation marks in this post, but I just can't help myself!

No comments :

Post a Comment