Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring Break Recap: Part Three

Happy Thursday! Today I'm sharing the rest of the Collins' Crew visit to Colorado last week during Spring Break. You can read the first two posts here and here.

Monday was by far our busiest day, but I have to say it was my favorite day! First we visited the Pueblo Zoo, then explored Bishop's Castle, and finally celebrated Saint Patrick's day at home with a fire in the back yard and good food.

We weren't sure what to expect from the zoo, but it was really nice! I enjoyed seeing all the animals and having fun with my family. The male lion was really curious about us and came up close to the gate so we could take pictures. Also, there was a Sun Bear who really enjoyed putting his paws in the air and scratching his back on the gate so it looked like he was dancing. Mike's favorite was the Pallas Cats. They look similar to regular cats, expect wilder!









After the zoo we headed over to Bishop's Castle. Our neighbor told Mike about it and I'm really glad we checked it out. It was really beautiful! You can climb all the way to the top, but only Mike and Cody were brave enough to do it.















Once we got home we were ready to relax and enjoy a St. Paddy's Day by the fire.




Tuesday we went and checked out the NRA Whittington Center in New Mexico. It is really big! We spent the most time in the museum they have there, but we also drove around and saw deer and pronghorns. I think Mike and I might need to plan a camping trip there sometime during our stay in Colorado.







 The rest of the vacation we just relaxed and enjoyed each others company. I was sad to see my family go, but look forward to the next time I get to see them!

No comments :

Post a Comment