Friday, September 19, 2014

FRIDAY!!!

It's Friday!!! I've had a really great couple of weeks. School is going well for both Mike and I, and working is slowly coming to an end for both of us. He has two more weekends and I have four. There's lots to talk about so let's get started...

1. Our friends Jim and Lindsay have chickens (so jealous!) and they gave us some fresh eggs!!

2. I don't know if you remember or not, but in February I dropped my phone in a bucket of water while cleaning the house. I had the insurance and was sent a replacement phone (side note - I didn't realize the replacement phones are refurbished phones). The camera on the "new" phone stopped working about two weeks after getting it. I should have just sent it back right away, but didn't feel like dealing with it so I just haven't had a camera on my phone since March. Then slowly other little things stopped working here and there, so needless to say I was eagerly awaiting for my upgrade time to come. Well it finally came!! I'm a proud owner of a new phone!!! It's an LG G2 and so far I'm loving it.

3. I decided it was time for a little change and got my hair cut. It came out shorter than what I was originally expecting, but I really like it. I was hoping this new hair cut might make me look a little older (you wouldn't believe the number of people who ask me what high school I go to), but I think no such luck...oh well. I do have bangs, but I'm still trying to figure out how to style them so they are pulled back in this picture.

4. My Simplified Planner by Emily Ley arrived this week! I went with the weekly edition because I'm just not sure I'm busy enough for a daily one. I can't wait to start using the planner in the new year. It's nice that the cover is hard, so I know I can throw it in my purse and no pages will be bent. Plus, it sure is nice to look at too!

5. Have you seen these ridiculously cute stamps??

6. I have been pining for some cowboy boots all summer and finally decided to get a pair while they were on sale!! I just love them! Plus they have been making my closet smell like leather!

5. I recently read "The Joy of Less" by Francine Jay and got motivated to go through every room in our house and declutter/reorganize. It took most of my free time last week, but we did it. It feels so much better in here to have everything a little more simplified and in it's place!! We have quite a few bags and boxes to take to Good-Will, so Mike and I are using it as an excuse to head to Pueblo (about an hour and a half from Trinidad, and the closest Good-Will location). We are planning to stop and eat lunch at a delicious BBQ place we ate at last time we were there!

I would like to wish a happy birthday to my good friend Reina who celebrated her birthday on Tuesday and to my beautiful cousin, Kamella, who's birthday is tomorrow!! Also, USF has a football game tonight so let's hope they do better than they have the past two games...GO BULLS!! Happy weekend everyone!

This is a link up to the Lauren Elizabeth blog for High Five for Friday.

No comments :

Post a Comment