Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pinterest Recipe Review: Blueberry Breakfast Cake


Time for another Pinterest recipe review. I've always thought of myself as a baker. I think it's fun, relaxing, and a form of creativity. However, I must admit that most of my baking has come from boxes - cake mixes, cookie mixes, muffins, etc. Box mixes are great, don't get me wrong. They save time, are easy, taste great, and usually really hard to mess up. However, since we've moved and I've had a little extra time, I have really been enjoying making recipes from scratch. Learning to adjust to baking at a higher altitude has been a little challenging, but so far nothing has turned out completely ruined. This blueberry breakfast cake is delicious! I made it early one morning so Mike and I could enjoy it warm, and then had it for the rest of the week as well. It's really moist and I love the fresh blueberries! The recipe is easy to follow and doesn't call for any unusual ingredients. I think the only ingredient we didn't already have was buttermilk, however, the recipe gives you a way to make buttermilk by the cup using regular milk and vinegar! I thought this was awesome because I didn't have to spend money on an ingredient that I only needed half a cup of. So try out this recipe. I highly recommend it!!!

You can find the recipe HERE.






No comments :

Post a Comment