Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chicken n Dumplings



Chicken and Dumplings has been one of my favorite meals since I can remember. It truly is a comfort food to me. It's something only my mom or grandma have made for me, so before Mike and I left for Colorado I made sure to have Mom show me the ways of the dumpling!

Ingredients:
3 Celery Ribs, Chopped
1 Cup Sliced Fresh Carrots
3 Cans (14.5 oz) Chicken Broth
3 Cups Cubed Chicken Breast
1/2 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
1 2/3 Cups Biscuit Mix
2/3 Cup Milk

 1. Begin with washing your chicken.

 2. Cube chicken into small bite size pieces.

 3. Boil chicken until cooked through.

4. In a large pot coated with cooking spray, saute the celery and carrots for about five minutes.
5. Stir in the chicken broth, cooked chicken, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Bring to a boil and then  reduce the heat to simmer.
6. Now it's time to prepare the dumplings! Combine the biscuit mix and milk. Drop by the tablespoonful into your simmering broth.

 7. Cover and continue to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Now just eat and enjoy!! Hopefully you love this meal as much as I do!

No comments :

Post a Comment