Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend Updates

Happy Monday! As usual, the weekend flew by. Saturday Mike and I had a very relaxing day. We pretty much just held down the couch and watched movies. However, Sunday we got ourselves in motion and checked a number of items off our to do list (that always feels so good!). Here's a few pictures from our weekend...


 Saturday morning Mike and I made a very yummy breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, eggs, and hash browns. It was our first time making homemade hash browns and they turned out great. We'll definitely be making them again. The recipe we followed can be found here.

 I painted my nails and thought they turned out nice. This color is making me feel very Spring like!

 Mike and I checked out a local used bookstore this weekend. We both found a few we liked and ended up with seven books for only $8!! The picture above is one of the books I picked out. It describes several Florida landmarks that are worth checking out. Many of them I have never heard of!

 I was craving some pie this weekend and threw this together really quickly. It's just an Oreo pie crust, a box of instant chocolate pudding, homemade whipped cream, and mini chocolate chips. It's super delicious!

Last, but not least, I interviewed last weekend for a seasonal job at our local state park. I heard back this Saturday and I got the job!! I'll be working in the visitor center of the park from May through September. I couldn't be more excited!!


Hope you guys had a relaxing weekend too and I wish you a very productive week!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment