Thursday, August 15, 2013

Birchbox - August Edition


If you’ve never heard of Birchbox you are missing out. I absolutely love it! You pay a monthly subscription and once a month you get a box full of goodies at your door. I really love surprises, so this may have something to do with my obsession for Birchbox. The box usually includes about five products of either hair, beauty, or skin related goodies. When you initially sign up there will be a bunch of questions to answer about yourself so the ladies of Birchbox can send you the best products for your hair type, skin type, make up preference, etc. However, you can login online at any time and tweak your preferences if they change. I have been a subscriber of Birchbox for about a year and half now, and, while some boxes are better than others, I have never received a bad box. There’s always a least one item in every box that I’m excited to try. I love that I get to experiment with different products or brands that I might not necessarily just go buy on my own. The products sent are usually in a trial size or mini version. If you find a product you absolutely love, you can go on the Birchbox website and purchase the full size versions. There are lots of free shipping offers, plus you get points for every purchase you make. Once you reach 100 points, you get $10.00 off your purchase. I really can’t say enough good things about Birchbox. If you have been on the fence about trying it, you should definitely take the plunge and go for it!

Let’s check out my August box:

 

 
 
1.      Whish Coconut Milk Correcting Gel – This is meant to be applied twice daily, both morning and night, to your face and neck area. It’s supposed to help with wrinkles, unevenness, dryness, and sun damage. I haven’t used it yet, so I can’t give my honest opinion, but I don’t typical suffer from any of those skin issues.
2.      ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick (Kitty) – So far I’m loving this lipstick. It goes on silky smooth and the color is great. It adds a little life to my lips without being a super bold color. Plus it’s called Kitty, so of course I’m going to like it.
3.      Violet Oasis Organic Argan Oil – I’ve gotten a couple different brands of this type of oil in my Birchboxes and I really like them. It can be smoothed over your face, neck, body, or hair. I’ve only really used it in my hair and it works wonders. After using the blow dryer and straightener/curling iron I put a couple drops in my hand (a little goes a long way with this stuff) and just smooth it over my hair. It adds a ton of shine and tackles out of place hairs/fly-aways like no one’s business. These oils are usually on the expensive side, so I haven’t ordered a full size version yet. Luckily, these little bottles last quite a while!
Whish Hair Inhibiting DeodorantSwipes – This deodorant wipe not only tackles odor, but also helps slow hair growth. It can be used in the morning or anytime you need a refresher. This sounds like a great product to throw in your gym bag!
1-2 – Miss Jessie’s Original RapidRecovery Treatment & Super Sweetback Treatment – I haven’t tried these products yet, but I’m very excited to do so. The Rapid Recovery Treatment is supposed to smooth damaged hair, while the Super Sweetback Treatment is used to promote hair growth. My hair grows really slowly, so anything that says it can help with hair growth I’m always eager to try. I’ve used other products by Miss Jessie and they usually smell really good!! I’m hoping this will also be the case with these products.
Do you subscribe to Birchbox? What are some of your favorite products?
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment